AUGUST CRUELTY FREE FAVOURITES


*drum roll for the monthly blogger cliche, in a sarcastic monotone voice* "Oh no, how is it September already? Gosh it's gone so fast!" For me, this month really hasn't! For once, August went really slow. I think it was because there has been so much happen, and so much for me to look forward too! For starters, my sister gave birth to two incredibly beautiful identical twin girls. That was the main highlight of my month by far & if you've been following me on SnapChat or Instagram you will have already seen some photos. If not then I'm gonna have a proud auntie moment and share a photo for the world to see. HOW CUTE?!

(btw the pins on the hats are so we know who is who!)


Okay now that that's over with let's get onto my monthly cruelty free favourites. Unfortunately not all of these are vegan but it is just this mascara which unfortunately contains beeswax. However, for all you vegetarians out there this is a fantastic mascara. I believe it has now been changed to the Amazing Curl mascara with a different wand but it may still be the same formula. It holds a curl very well and for a teensy £2 price tag I would highly recommend it and can;t wait to try a few more of the Makeup Revolution mascaras.

Next up we have a Lush Conditioner that featured in my previous post! This is now the 2nd of these bars that i;ve purchased. However that shouldn't imply that they're not long lasting! I started to use the first bar in early august and it isn't even half way used, bearing in mind that my hair is pretty darn long i'm pretty impressed with how long-lasting and hydrating it is. If you'd like to read a full review of the product you can here.

So about a year ago I read about this beauty, over on the wonderful lovelywitches which is run by the lovely Gemima. Superdrug is a fantastic go-to in the UK for cheap, but amazing, cruelty free drugstore purchases. I'm in there all the time to stock up on every day essentials for me and the household, and a little while ago I bought this brush cleanser. I hadn't really used it until this month as life has been pretty hectic and I haven't had the chance to sit down and dedicate a good hour to cleaning my makeup brushes thoroughly. This has been a god send, Truly. Just one light spritz onto a brush and then I rub it onto a small hand towel to rib off the excess dirt. If you travel a lot or have too many brushes to clean them all regularly, this is a fab product that takes less than a minute of your time.

Speaking of superdrug, they have some pretty impressive skincare. Obviously it's not the most natural of selections but it's cheap and cheerful and i'd say 90% of their stuff is remarkable. This Cucumber Cooling Mask is a dream on a hot day. Anyone who knows me, knows i'm a winter person and this summer heat has been really getting to me. So when i saw this the other week I needed to try it. It gently cleanses and tones your skin, but it really does have a lovely cooling and calming effect on the skin. Worth a try if you fancy treating your skin on a budget! 

I sweat there is no point in the year where your lips are safe from chapping. I've always been a big lover of the Lush lip balms, especially Honey Trap. Although now that i'm trying to eliminate all non-vegan items from my beauty stash I've had to find alternatives. So I usually use Ultrabalm on my lips in the evening as a super hydrating balm treatment but when I was on the quest for something new, this caught my eye. It smells like a candy shop and that instantly drew me in. With a beautiful blend of almond oil, lemon oil, rose water and shea butter this makes for a gorgeous treat for your lips!

On to lifestyle! When I was younger, my mum and me would eagerly await the next episode of Gilmore Girls and I really think it mirrored our relationship so well that it's always been a connection for us. Now that it's on Netflix I've been re-visiting that and super binge watching it, like, every day. If you like coffee, sarcasm, and pre-2007 humour then, what am I saying, JUST GO WATCH IT.

Last but not least is the latest book I've been reading. I bought this book months ago when I'd heard a lot of people mentioning how purely brilliant it was (in a Gone Girl sort of aspect) and I confirm that they were all right! And now that it's being made into a film I desperately wanted to finish it. Let me just say it's a fantastic book, It was so hard to put down and one of the best thrillers I've read in a while. If you enjoyed Gone Girl (the book OR the movie) or Before I Go To Sleep then you will LOVE this. 

So that was my August. I'm thinking of maybe starting a weekly roundup post of what I've been up to, if you guys would be interested? Not that my life is ultra exciting but it might give you some insight to my life outside of this blog!   Let me know if you did anything fun this summer and what you're looking forward to this September.

XO

Follow

1 comment

  1. Great post lovely, I love the look of that Daddy-O conditioner. And a huge congratulations to your sister!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete