THE VEGAN KIND | #33

I can’t believe how quickly July has come around, and we’re almost halfway through! But another month also brings another subscription box review! As you’ll all know by now I’m a huge fan of the Scottish based, family run Vegan subscription box service. Each Lifestyle box is made up of 5-8 cruelty free and vegan products of all shapes and sizes. Let’s see what was in this box!

YUSHOI SOY & BALSAMIC VINEGAR SNAPEA RICE STICKS

So to start off with, we have my favourite crisps in the entire world. When I was little I was always a huge fan of those salt and vinegar chipsticks that cost, what 11p back in the day? And now that I’ve found a (slightly) healthier version that is also completely vegan, makes me slightly giddy! Trust me when i say these are bloody tasty! The pack in the box was a blend of soy and balsamic vinegar which itself is a lovely Japanese twist on the British classic. However there are other flavours available, all of which are regulars in our weekly shop.
OLOVES CHILLI & GARLIC BLACK OLIVES

Now, unfortunately for me, i cannot stand Olives so I don’t have too much to say about these! I’ll probably end up giving these to my Mum who is a massive Olive lover, lucky her! These do sound delicious to me, as anything with garlic and chilli usually appeals to me. I just can’t bring myself to try them. But I must say it’s not often something is included in the box that I won’t try, so that’s always a plus!
GOODY GOOD STUFF COLA BREEZE SWEETS

Okay, i’m pretty sure this was my favourite thing in the July Box. As a huge fan of the ‘Goody Good Stuff’ previous to this box, i was thrilled to see a pack of their Cola Breese sweets inside! I would say I’m probably tried about half of the range as they can be found in most H&B stores and some bigger supermarkets. If you were, or are, a fan of Haribo and the likes of other gummy sweets, then I promise you’ll fall in love with these! They’re 100x better than anything that is derived from animal bones, so it’s almost as if these sweets are guilt-free! (I said almost, not entirely!)
CONSCIOUS CHOCOLATE GOJI & COCONUT MINI BAR

Next up we have the Conscious Chocolate Goji & Coconut Mini Bar. Now again something i’m not a fan of is coconut. I wouldn't say I hate Coconut, I’m just really not a fan of the texture or the taste. Luckily for me, there was only a slight hint of the coconut flakes in this bar and it really took away from the bitterness of the dark chocolate. Overall a lovely treat and the Goji berries were a tasty and crunchy addition to a bar I was not looking forward to!
ANGELIC GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE COCONUT & OAT CAKE SLICES

Here is where i contradict myself, and tell you that I fell in love with these Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut & Oat Cake Slices. For Coconut fans you may be dissapointed as to me these were more of a Chocolate & Oat bite, as i really couldnt taste the coconut at all. I was so hesitant to try them but i’m glad i did as i’ve fallen in love with these little bites of heaven. Baked with a blend of cocoa and dates it makes for a gorgeously sweet energy snack, which for the record tastes lovely along side a cuppa.
VIRTUE LEMON ICE TEA

I find Ice Tea can be a bit of a hit and miss. Normally with shop bought Ice Tea’s that are infused with Lemon it’s too bitter, and my mouth goes dry and just bleurgh! But I was so pleasantly suprised with this Lemon Ice Tea from Virtue as this was so beautifully refreshing, even more so when poured over crushed ice out in the garden!
HARPERS BIZARRE 'THE RASPBERRY KIND' CANDLE

On to the lifestyle section of the box which was a beautifully sweet candle from Harpers Bizarre. Candles are a slight obsession of mine and anytime I get my hands on a new one, the first thing to do is of course light it up! Back in the December edition of this box was another gorgeously spicy candle from the same lovely brand. One of the things I love about indie brands is how much effort is put into their products. You can see the care and love on every level of detail. If you’re a candle lover, and want one that actually provides the room with a scent that lasts for hours, then these are the ones to try!

FRY'S FAMILY FOODS PLANTS OF FIRE BBQ RECIPE BOOK

Another lovely addition in the box was a recipe book! In every box there is always a recipe card featuring a beautiful vegan recipe from a wonderful featured blog. This time The Vegan Kind has paired up with Fry’s Family Foods to bring us a ‘Plants of Fire BBQ’ recipe book. I already know that this book is going to be tattered by the end of the summer because there are so many amazing vegan recipes. They are all ‘mock-ups’ of traditional BBQ meals and I can’t wait to try these out at our next BBQ.

So that was one hefty box filled to the brim with tons of goodies, leaflets, and exciting things! I’m already eager for No.34! As always, most of these things can be found in your local healthstores or bigger supermarket chains. Until next time,

XO

Follow

1 comment

  1. I'm also a big fan of those Yushoi sticks, they're really delicious! The balsamic vinegar ones are my faves too! I've never actually tried iced tea but the virtue one that you featured sounds great, I may well pick some up! Thanks for sharing your goodies!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete