A CATCH UP... OF SORTS


Hello there! So if we’re friends everywhere you may know that I've had a pretty lousy month, so much so that I can’t even think of any more than two favourites for the original post. So instead of that, i’m going to do a short and sweet personal catch-up of sorts. I’ve yet to do a personal post, but we’re all friends here so why the heck not?!



FAMILY
June began with the sad passing of one of Ryan’s family members, whom I was close to and miss every day. Honestly it just set the tone for the whole month. Whilst the whole family is still grieving, it has rebuilt some bridges that I never thought would mend. It just shows that family is always there for you in times of need.


CAREER

Due to various reasons I’ve had to do a lot of personal exploring this month in terms of what I see myself doing in the future. All I know is I don't want to work in a shop forever, nor do i enjoy jumping into the great unknown of a career I've never had. Something on my Timehop the other day triggered a part of me that I had completely neglected. I don’t want to make any promises or subtle hints, as it’s something that i’m only just starting to branch into but once I know more i’ll be sure to let you know!


LIFE

If you’ve ever done any sort of self-exploration you’ll know it makes you question every single thing in your life. Well, I've had almost 30 days of doubting myself every single day and not being sure of my future or what my purpose is. I know that’s nothing in comparison to an actual breakdown, but it’s not been any less of a walk in the park, and in all honesty my mental health is a wreck. Thankfully I have an amazing Mum, a fantastic partner and a few brilliant friends who I can turn to in times of need. Knowing that I have these people in my life made me feel so much better and so much less stressed about everything I have been doubting. Although a few hugs, tears and cups of tea don’t actually solve everything it has definitely forced me to really focus on future goals and stop wallowing in self pity.

So I know that this is a really short post for me, but I just had to vent to you all and let you know where i’m at and why I've been so absent. I hope if any of you are going through anything similar, or worse, that you know this is a safe place and I've always got a shoulder for you to lean on. I didn't want this post to be a focus on mental health, i’ll save that for another time, but it has helped me to get a few things out in the open.

That’s it for today folks, I promise the next one will be a bit cheerier! Oh and if you were wondering, my two favourites from June were the almighty Sia and her beautiful new album This Is Acting (I say "new" it's been out almost 6 months...) and the fantastic and hilarious show Jane the Virgin. I've been obsessed since the first season and i'm still just as gripped as ever!

XO

3 comments

  1. So sorry to hear you've had a shit time lately hun! Hopefully things will start to get better for you in July.

    Kayleigh x
    http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie! I'm trying to be much more positive this month!

      XO

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you've had a tough month all round, Shenan! I'm so sorry to hear that! If it brings you any comfort, I really believe that tough times like this build you up in the long run and turn you into a stronger, more appreciative person who really values the good in their lives! Sending you a massive hug, I hope that the rest of the summer brings you lots more happiness!

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete