MAY CRUELTY FREE & VEGAN LIFESTYLE FAVOURITES



How quickly has May been & gone? So much happened last month that I can't quite believe it’s all over. First of all, if we’re SnapChat buddies you will have seen my excitement at the start of the month when I took my mumma to see Bryan Adams in concert. One word: UNBELIEVABLE! It was an incredible night & it just made me so happy to see my mumma so happy. Shortly after that was the best day of the year, my birthday of course! Because me & R are trying to save for our future I decided I didn’t want to splash out when we could just have a fun day indoors. So in preparation for seeing Civil War we watched every single Marvel film in the MCU series. Geeky but totally worth it! So after a few days of being cooped up indoors we decided to throw a BBQ on, luckily, the nicest weekend of May with our families. So that was a pretty perfect start to the month and later this month I’ll be sharing some of the amazingly thoughtful gifts I received. Anyway, on to the rest of the things I’ve been loving this month.





ME BEFORE YOU

As this is a lifestyle, and not specifically a beauty blog i’ll inevitably include parts of my life that don't always fit into a Vegetarian/Vegan category. Such as this book! Now as this isn't a book review I won’t go into too much detail about it (as i can't stand spoilers) but what i will say is that this is a fantastically written story about what you will do for your loved ones when they’re in a crisis. I cried way too many times and i’m super excited to go and see the film version. Sam Claflin AND Emilia Clarke? That alone makes it a winner in my book (haha, gettit?) I haven't linked anywhere to buy this as I always try to shop books from charity shops or car boot sales (which is incidentally, where i found this. And it's pretty much new!)




As I said before, my birthday was at the start of the month and these were part of the wonderful gifts I received from my Mum. She very generously gave me the entire collection but these two stand-out colours were totally on my radar due to the spring theme of the colours. I find that with most nail polishes’ they tend to chip after a day but Barry M have always been a winner for me, and the Coconut Infusion Collection is no different. The Coconut Infusion claim is to gently hydrate and nourish your nails whilst still delivering a glossy finish. Honestly, it does exactly that. As I haven't used them every day this month I can’t fully say that they help to strengthen my nails but they do seem to be growing faster and that’s always a bonus!




I always feel like I’m cheating on Lush a little bit when I buy body products from elsewhere, but I have always been a loyal S&G fan and i’m not about to stop. I know there is some debate about whether they test on animals, but from my research and conversations with the brand I personally am happy with their responses although I would always encourage you to do your own research if you’re on the fence about it. Phew. Back to the product, this scrub is actually phenomenal. It smells like green jelly babies & starbursts so that alone is a winner, plus it does a fab job of getting rid of that pesky ‘chicken skin’ that appears on the top of your arms (anyone else suffer from this? Let me know if you have any holy grail products for making it less noticeable!) The scrub itself doesn’t contain any harmful microbeads and i know from a conversation that me and Mica Day had on Twitter with S&G that they are working to eliminate them from ALL products, which is always a step in the right direction.



CATFISH & THE BOTTLEMEN

I’m always looking for new music to love & this band has hit the nail on the head. I would say Rock is probably my favourite genre as there is so much diversity in the music, and when I first heard Catfish & the Bottlemen I was hooked! ‘Soundcheck’ was the first single of theirs i heard and my love for the band has just grown from there. I’m not sure how much further i can describe their music, but if you're fans of Mumford & Sons, The Wombats, The 1975, Wolf Alice, Arctic Monkeys etc then i’m sure you’ll love them too! Let me know!




Okay now this isn’t a lump of strange looking bread, this is actually a facial soap! Yes, the word ‘soap’ and ‘face’ don’t usually go together but believe me when i say this is the most hydrating facial soap you could hope to find! This little beauty is called Movis and is from Lush. If you’ve read my previous post you’ll know I've been struggling with my skincare routine and I’ve felt that my skin needs much more hydration recently. This is a beautifully cleansing addition to my morning skincare routine, full to the brim with wholemeal bread (yes, real bread!), fair trade organic cocoa butter and coconut oil this really is a super moisturising product. What I like about this product is that it doesn't foam up too much so i don't feel that it’s especially stripping, plus it smells divine. I;ve been using this for about 8 weeks now and again, it’s established a firm place in my heart. Also, it’s Vegan so win win!




When you think of Lush you think of the sickeningly sweet smell that encases you when you are within a mile of a store. You think of bath bombs, cheese shaped soaps and teenage girls. You don’t think of makeup, but if any of you have ever tried anything from their makeup range you’ll know that they have a few hidden gems. One of which being their Colour Supplements. They work in two ways: either mixed with a moisturised to create a dewy BB-esque finish, or on its own to create a fuller yet still fairly lightweight finish. Personally I always use it in the latter way as we haven’t had the weather for BB creams here in the UK (even when we do, I probably wouldn't wear anything but mascara) The shade I use it Light Yellow and is a Vegan shade, although not all of them are so have a look before you purchase. They range from Jackie Oats (super pale) to Dark Brown (the darkest shade) and although it’s not the most natural of products, then again they’re not a natural store, I have no qualms with it. All in all it leaves a gorgeous finish with a very close skin match, so if you’re a fan of a “your skin but better” finish then you might want to give this product a go!



iZOMBIE

Congrats if you’ve made it through this mammoth post, but the end is in sight and I've saved the best for last. I seriously cannot give this series enough love. It all started when a girl I work with mentioned it & it sounded like my cup of tea so I decided to give it a go that evening. 10 minutes in and i immediately called R and said that we’re watching a series as soon as he gets home. 5 hours later and we were hooked. It’s the perfect blend of cop drama, zombies and dry comedy. The comedy duo that is Liv & Ravi seriously make this for me. They have such an amazing onscreen relationship (totally platonic but still fantastic) that it has made this slightly cheesy series into something i’m hooked on. We’re currently impatiently waiting for series 3 to being so if any of you are fans drop me a comment and we can discuss! 

So that’s it for may, as you can see it’s been a pretty hectic month. The only thing that didn’t make it onto the list was mine and R’s 6 year anniversary, purely because i had the flu so it wasn't the most romantic of days, although we still got to spend the whole week together and he was a true hero whilst looking after me all week so for that i’m extremely grateful. (I know you’re reading this!)

Thanks for reading guys, what have you been loving this past month? Have you tried anything from my list, if so let me know! See you next time


XO

Follow

2 comments

  1. Me before you looks really good I might have to give that one a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is heart wrenching but such a beautiful book!
      XO

      Delete