TOP 10 CHRISTMAS FILMS | BLOGMAS DAY 2

Before we get in to Day 2 of my Blogmas series, can we just appreciate my brand new blog header ^^ Humongous thanks to the wonderful Jemma from Dorkface for working so hard on this with me, i'm over the moon with it and makeup sure you check out her Etsy store too! Now, originally this was just going to be a Top 5, but the more I thought of it the more I couldn't narrow it down.



10. So to start it off with #10 we've got Four Christmases. This one has bittersweet memories because it was one of the first films I saw with a past boyfriend. BUT it's a really good feelgood film about families and making amends. Truly what christmas is about

9. Home Alone: Don't trust anybody who doesn't like this film

8. The Grinch: Truth be told when I was younger this film really scared me. I learnt early not to trust anyone who doesnt like Christmas (joking... kinda...) and I just couldn't fathom why the Grinch was so mean! It wasn't until years later that I realised I'd never sat through the entire flm and it's since became one of my favourite festive films.

7. Nightmare Before Christmas: To be totally honest, this is probably one of my favourite films any time of year and it is espeically relevant any time from September to December beause it combines the 2 best things- halloween AND christmas!

6. Fred Claus: I'm a sucker for a feel-good comedy classic and this nails it. Santa's village was aways how I'd imagined it to be, and I love the corporate 'evil' side to it. It really brings home the real message of Christmas. PLUS for all Walking Dead fans, Negan stars breifly!

5. Miracle on 34th Street: Me & my Mum will always be divided on this one, she loves the '73 classic wheras I grew up loving the '94 version. Personally I find the Susan in the '73 version to be super bratty & that always put me off. And in the '94 version you've got Richard Attenbourigh (RIP) so thats the only argument I need to win you over.

4. Jack Frost: This is quite possibly the most heartwarming Christmas movie. A loss at Christmas is always that bit harder to bear and this film really captures the sentiment that your loved ones are always present when you need them. (I'm not crying, you're crying!)

3. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: Ok. So this may only be so high because I'm also spending Christmas in New York! If you didn't already know I'm lucky enough to be able to spend Christmas this year in the big apple and I plan to watch this film many, many times in the next few weeks.

2. Love Actually: I can vividly remember watching Love Acually for the first time and falling head over heels for Hugh Grant. Since then, Dancing around to 'Jump!' in no.10 Downing Street has always been on my bucket list.

1. It's A Wonderful Life: If you read my previous post you'll know why this film is so important to me. This has everything you could ever want from a christmas film; love, laughter and happy endings.

Now I know most of you will be wondering where a certain Will Ferrell film plays into this, and to tell you the truth i'm simply not a fan of the film! BUT I am going to make an effort to re-watch it, and you never know, I might change my mind. Let me know what your favourites are in the comments below! And remember every day leading up to Christmas I'm posting something festive-themed! Be sure to check out my social media links and follow me on bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing! 
Merry Christmas!
XO


TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
SNAPCHAT - itsme_shenan
Follow

2 comments

  1. I have never seen Love Actually or Fred Claus but both sound so good, I am definitely going to have to watch them this month :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAY WHAT? Love Actually is a must this time of year! It leaves you feeling all warm inside, typical rom com but the snow makes it better! Fred Claus is a typical kids film but it's just so funny! Let me know what you think of them sweetie!

      XO

      Delete