LUSH CUP O' COFFEE FACE & BODY MASK | REVIEW


Hello you wonderful people! So for today’s post I’m chatting to you about one of my all time favourite products! I can remember when the hype around Coffee scrubs started a few years ago and I immediately fell in love. Combining two of my favourite things, a nourishing scrub and my love of coffee makes for a match made in heaven! I mean, what better way is there to wake up in the morning. It’s almost as good as sipping your coffee IN the shower (which I totally don't do...)

There are so many benefits to coffee scrubs, aside from smelling incredible that it’s no wonder so many people love these types of scrubs. Now I haven’t tried any other Coffee Scrubs from the likes of Grounded or Frank Bod *yet* but they are on my wishlist! So onto the product of the day…

If you’ve read any of my previous posts you’ll know i’m a huge fan of Lush and working there means I’m lucky enough to have a pretty awesome stash of products. Along with my other shower favourites, there is one holy-grail product that I use about 90% of the time. The Cup O’ Coffee face & body mask from Lush Cosmetics is a wonderfully invigorating blend of Organic Agave Syrup  & Fair Trade Vanilla using Ground Coffee to stimulate and awaken your senses. Believe me when I say this scrub smells exactly like freshly brewed coffee and leaves you smelling like a coffee bean.


Now here's a bit about the scientifics of why coffee scrubs are a must have, whatever brand you choose to buy from! Scrubbing once a week means that your skin can then absorb moisturisers and lotions more effectively and caffeine as we all know is a stimulant. When using this on your skin, it stimulates the blood flow to the skin. This is fantastic news for any of you who, like me, have stretch marks, scars, cellulite, keratosis pilaris (or "chicken skin") & even for eczema sufferers. Whereas chemical exfoliants remove the dead skin cells with enzymatic or acidic properties, coffee grounds act as a mechanical exfoliant which scrub away dead skin to reveal new and healthy skin underneath. The caffeine left from the coffee grounds has an almost instant firming effect on the likes of stretch marks and cellulite., but be warned that this is not a fix all. The only thing to help with the likes of these is plenty of water and regular exercise. But i'll save that for a later post... Again, with the anti-inflammatory properties that coffee holds makes it an ideal use for eczema sufferers. 

So I've tried and tested my own version of these beauties and I think i have my final recipe down pat. If any of you are interested i'll write another post on a DIY Coffee Scrub to save you all some pennies. Although i'll always be a fan of Lush, it's always a fun idea to try and recreate your own version where you can. If you've been wanting to try Cup O' Coffee from Lush I highly recommend it, as it really is a beautifully crafted face and body mask that deserves a place in everyone's shower.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this!
XO


Follow


No comments