THE VEGAN KIND | #32


One of the many things I love about subscription boxes is that I always forget that they are due to arrive, and when they do it’s almost like a present to yourself! I’ve been subscribed to The Vegan Kind for almost a year now and although the boxes can sometimes be a mixture of hits and misses, I’ve always thought that overall they are fantastic value and a great way to introduce me, and others, to new brands! So lets crack on…


The first thing I saw in the box, apart from the contents leaflet and the recipe card, was the Hoots Cheese & Onion Multigrain snack. I’m a huge savoury lover so anything along these lines will always be a winner in my books. Although a slightly hard snack on their own, after quickly running to the fridge to grab some trusty hummus, they definitely improved when softened. If  I was to see these out and about, I probably would repurchase however I feel that there are better Vegan snacks out there.


Next up was the Chocolate & Raspberry Cookie by Foods of Athenry, which I am actually nibbling my way through as I write this. As soon as you bite in you get an instant sweetness of the raspberry flavouring which is absolutely delicious. However it’s quite a crunchy cookie (more of a biscuit) and not what i was expecting at all (i pictured a raspberry goo in the centre- heaven right?!) but still a lovely snack with the raspberry hint lasting the whole way through the cookie.


Digging my way through the box I then found that there seemed to be more products than usual, which is always a bonus! The next thing I saw was the product that makes these boxes a lifestyle box- not a vegan foodie box. I'm always intrigued by the lifestyle element as there have been some quicky additions over the past year. However I was really pleased to see something that I feel is quite an important (and often overlooked) day to day product- sunscreen! This Sun Lotion by the Green People is not a product I have heard of before, however it is a brand I have had my eye on for a while. The long list of ingredients I can't pronounce did startle me slightly but as there is no 'natural' SPF protectant available, I guess we have to make do. Due to the typical British weather, I haven't had a chance to test this out properly, but I’ll try to get a review in soon!


The next item nestled in the box was the Good Full Stop Chocolate & Orange bar. Again, unfortunately this is a product I haven't yet had chance to try but from the looks of the dates, cashews and raisins in the ingredients list, I'm sure it’s a bar that I'll love.


Now, quite possibly my favourite product of the lot: the GranoVita Vegetable Pate. I’ve tried quite a few of this brands' products, ranging from the Mock Duck, to the Mayola and so far so good. This little gem is no different. It smooths on perfectly and I've almost devoured the whole tub! It works well as a sandwich filler alone, or on wraps with vegetables or even with crackers. Absolutely beautiful and I will definitely be scouring my local Holland & Barrett for this!


Now last but not least is the biggest item in the box, fitting alongside the summer theme quite well! Here we have the Smooze Ice Pops which remind me of those Calypso fruit lollies I always had as a kid. They’re a wonderful blend of coconut milk and the mango adds a deliciously creamy sweetness to the ice pop. I need to find somewhere that sells these so I can stock up for our next vegan BBQ!

I feel that this box doesn't get enough love. The amazing family that run the business and create the boxes really go all out to deliver a fantastic variety of products that i'm (usually) really happy with. It is a fantastic subscription at only £10 plus a small delivery charge. Let me know your views on the box, and as always you can follow me everywhere on the links below. See you soon!

XO

Follow

No comments