REVIEW | LUSH ANGELS ON BARE SKIN FACE & BODY CLEANSER



Let's start this blog off by chatting about one of my favorite part of a cruelty-free beauty regime: skincare! As far as cruelty-free skincare goes most of us know that there is a vast amount of readily available products to suit each and every one of our differing skin types. I’ve always assumed my skin was particularly oily but as of late (I say this, it has been almost 6 months now) I've noticed that first thing in the morning my skin feels really dry, stretched, and itchy! So although i’m yet to pin down what has happened to my skin, i’m on a mission to make it feel much more hydrated.





Now there are a number of products I've been using but i’ll save those other beauties for a skincare routine post. The one standout product I've been using this year has got to be the aforementioned cleanser, Angels on Bare Skin. Yes working for Lush definitely has its perks; one of which being that any skin complaints or issues we have means that we have bountiful members of staff to turn to, each with their own holy grail product. Since I've had such oily skin in the past, I was recommended this cleanser to begin with to re-balance my skin. I’ve always been a bit wary of these cleansers before working for the company as, to be completely honest, they looked a bit gross and I wasn't entirely sure how to use them. Obviously I've since grown to love them and I can’t see a point where i’d want to stop using this product.



AOBS states on the black pot that it is a product “inspired by nature with rose absolute, lavender and chamomile blue to even out skin tone and give a natural glow”. Whilst this is absolutely true, i feel that the hidden gem in this product is a mixture of the freshly ground almonds and the cleansing kaolin clay. The naturally occurring clay is used in the product to form the ‘oaty’ texture (see below for a lovely image of the oatiness) and to gently cleanse and exfoliate any dead skin from the surface of our face. When using the product I take a small amount of product, roughly the size of a 2p, and mix it with a tiny bit of water in my palm to make a ‘paste’ of sorts. This helps the cleanser to cling to my skin when i’m exfoliating, rather than being a milky dribbly mess. Nice right? I then proceed to gently work the product all over my face, making sure to gently scrub those nooks where dirt collects (around the nose, chin and forehead). As this cleanser isn’t intended to be used as a mask, I rarely leave it on longer than a few minutes because the ingredients are designed to work quickly and efficiently. Then when rinsing it off, using a clean fluffy face cloth soaked with warm water, I gently remove the product from my face making sure that I don't rub or pull on my skin so as not to damage my pores. Seriously, the most important part of this is that you guys always use a clean cloth every single time you wash your face.



AOBS retails for £6.95 for 100g at all Lush UK stores and on the website, although you can get a hand potted mix of a bigger amount which is usually what I go for. Exfoliating your face every day isn’t beneficial for anyone, so I would always recommend to use this no more than 3 times a week. It’s moisturising enough that it will replenish any dry areas on your face, but scrubby enough that it will work the dead skin off in no time. I’ve got to the point now where I can feel when my skin is in need of an AOBS treat and now I would use it maybe 2x a week. It has definitely done an amazing job of getting my skin to a better place and although it may not work for everybody, if your skin is a bit confused or hormonal then this may be something to try.

If any of you have any experience with this product, or any other amazing cleansers then let me know in the comments below! Once again, thanks for reading!

XO

Follow 

2 comments

  1. What a great post! I love Angels On Bare Skin, it's one of my favourite cleansers. I have a few favourite cruelty free cleansers if you'd like any recommendations: http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/cleanser-collection.html

    It's awesome that you work at Lush too. I absolutely love it in there and it always smells amazing!

    Kayleigh
    http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love Angels On Bare Skin, it's one of my favourite cleansers. I have a few favourite cruelty free cleansers if you'd like any recommendations: http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/cleanser-collection.html

    It's awesome that you work at Lush too. I absolutely love it in there and it always smells amazing!

    Kayleigh
    http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete